Hey everyone! I hope your week has been great so far. I am currently trying to prepare myself for this upcoming semester while also enjoying the rest of my time off. Today I wanted to do my night time skin care routine because lately, I have noticed a big change in my skin. The redness and dryness has been going away ever since I dived into skin care. I believe taking care of your skin is so much more important than makeup because the skin you have will be with you forever, so why not take care of it! If you want to see what I do every night for my skin, just keep reading!
- To begin, I ALWAYS wash my face. ALWAYS. Because of my acne-prone and sensitive skin, I have to be very careful with what I put on my face. I try to get product that have great but also limited ingredients. I want to put the least amount of products on my face. To get off most of my makeup, I use the Cerave Hydrating Facial Cleanser ($15). Even if you have oily skin, you still need to moisturize your face. It is a helpful way to balance out the oils that your pores naturally produce. This cleanser is sort of a milky consistency and leaves my skin feeling stripped from makeup and dead skin. I stand by this! Next, I use the Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel ($14). I bought this on a whim during the Ulta Beauty sale and I am so happy that I did. I use this every day! I 100% believe that this gel has lowered the redness in my face. It, of course, has a gel-like consistency that makes my skin feel extremely soft. After using this, I know for sure that all of my makeup is off. I will forever repurchase these two face washes!
2. Next, I wanted to show the product that I will wash my face with in order to softly exfoliate. This is the Elf Cleansing Duo Face Brush ($14). Before I bought this, I felt like I wasn’t always getting all of my full coverage makeup off. So I bought this duo cleansing brush and it has changed my skin. I confidently go to bed every night knowing that my skin is clean! I mainly bought it for the light blue side because it has little rubber ends on it that gently exfoliate my skin and get all of the makeup/dry skin off of my face. I use the Cerave cleanser with the blue side and the Mario Badescu gel with the soft brush side. I love this brush and recommend it if you’re having issues with acne/dry skin!
3. I use a face mask about 2-3 times a week. I’ll use this mask if I’m breaking out because this mask has tea tree oil in it which is perfect for minimizing breakouts. This is the The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask ($17). I have almost used this entire tub because of how much I love it. I recently haven’t had to use it as much because my skin has been doing really well lately but a couple months ago, I probably used it 4-5 times a week. I was obsessed! I still use this one every once in awhile on specific areas instead of all over my face. I find that if I put a face mask product on an area of my face that isn’t breaking out, it will cause a breakout. I’m not really sure why that happens but oh well. I notice that once I use this mask, my breakouts seem smaller and not as red. I will apply this on my face and wear it for about an hour to make sure it did its job and is dried. I never wear masks for 15-20 minutes because I feel like that is a waste. I make sure I get full use out of the product! I will wash it off and then go in with a moisturizer that I will mention later.
This is an extension of my third step because these are my usual options for my masks! These are from the Peter Thomas Roth Mask Sampler Kit ($25). I mainly use these two from the kit. They are the Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask and the Blue Marine Algae Intense Hydrating Mask. I use these depending on the texture of my skin that day. I use the mud mask if I’m having a really bad breakout that I’d like to completely dry up so that it goes away quickly and I use the hydrating mask if my face is really dry and needs some moisturizing. I love both of these and I plan on getting the full size once I use these up! I keep these on just as long as the last one and then wash it off before bed.
4. This is a moisturizer that I have talked about since last summer. I am still using that same bottle and I use this EVERY morning and night. I don’t know how I haven’t used it up yet! This is the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream ($12). I do want to get the big tub of it once I use this up! I will forever recommend this moisturizer to everyone! It is great for people with sensitive skin. It leaves my skin so soft and hydrated. It has a very basic texture that blends into the skin and dries down quickly. It doesn’t leave behind a residue either. It is a little sticky but that’s why I basically use it as a primer before makeup. I love this product so much and am really interested in trying the rest of their skin care products.
After the moisturizer, I go in my an acne medication that was prescribed to me by my dermatologist and after that, I am done with my skin care for the night!
5. I wanted to mention this body lotion because it is a skin care routine and I use this every night on my legs and arms. This is the Bath and Body Works Almond & Vanilla Body Cream with Natural Almond Oil ($15.50). Lotion is a necessity during the winter months, especially after I shave my legs. This is a very classic scent and I think it goes really well with my current favorite perfume which is the Elizabeth and James Nirvana Bourbon perfume. It has some vanilla in it so I love to pair it with this lotion. It moisturizes my legs really well and makes them soft for so long. I have used this every night for around two weeks and can tell I have probably used up 25% of it already. I’m not sure if I’ll buy this one again or try another scent out. Either way, I love the Bath and Body Works lotions and constantly have a collection of them!
That’s all for my night time skin care routine! I love to see what products people use as their ride or dies in skin care because of how important skin care is. I think it’s so important and I think I have found a decently affordable routine that most people can use as well. Let me know what products are in your night time routine and what you recommend! Thank you for reading! Please like and subscribe!
Have you read my recent posts?